Experience town with a Taxi Guide
If you have a limited amount of time but still wish to find out
something about Cologne's rich history, our specially trained Taxi Guides offer
individual tours of the city. We will show you the most important Cologne
highlights, tell you about the history of this cathedral city and some of the
most interesting stories behind it, show you the structural changes that have
taken place in recent years, and point out changes in the city landscape.
Depending on the
tour you choose, the guides will drive for one or two hours along a fixed
route. You can reserve a City Guide directly via your hotel, from the airport
or from your company — just call 2882. Your Taxi Guide will pick you up. You
can reserve the following tours.
Highlights — The best of Cologne in one hour
In this one-hour
tour you will find out everything you absolutely need to know about the main
attractions of the cathedral city. The tour's route includes:
- the Cathedral and the central railroad station,
- the Romanesque church of St. Gereon,
- the medieval city wall an the Eigelstein Gate,
- the Church of St. Ursula, Cologne's patron saint,
- the Zeughaus and the City Museum,
- the Roman city wall and the Roman Tower,
- the original home of 4711 cologne in the Glockengasse,
- the Old Town and a Cologne-style brewery and pub,
- the Gürzenich city banqueting hall and the historic City Hall.
The flat fee for
the one-hour tour is €45.
Cologne from A to
Z — From Adenauer to Zeughaus
includes not only the Cologne highlights but also additional outstanding
attractions and special places. Along the way you will experience facets of the
cathedral city that even some locals are not aware of. The additional
attractions in the tour plan consist of:
- a tour of the right side of the
Rhine, including the Koelnmesse exhibition grounds, the LANXESS arena, the
Rhine Park with a panoramic view of the Old Town and the Cathedral,
- the three Romanesque churches St.
Maria in the Capitol, St. Cecilia and St. Apostles,
- the Rautenstrauch-Joest-Museum
and the Schnütgen Museum,
- stops in the chic shopping area
around the Mittelstraße.
The flat fee for
the two-hour tour is €65.
The Cologne Taxi
Guides are the result of a joint initiative of TAXI RUF Cologne, the Cologne Chamber
of Commerce and Industry, the Cologne Tourist Board, the Cologne Association
and additional partners.